Sunday, August 21, 2011

Month 1 - Operations

Week 1 (4/11-4/16)
During the first week I will be working with the director of operations and my primary supervisor, Jade.  After getting a tour of the office, we went over some individual tasks that I would be responsible for while working with her.  I am responsible for separating and tracking checks that come into the office for club dues as well as make sure everyone else receives their mail.  I am also responsible for checking Pullen, our insurance claims website.  When injury reports are submitted for player affiliated with Georgia Soccer it's my responsibility to make sure they are properly registered and their team information is current.  In the event that there is a discrepancy in the registration or info listed I will need to call the clubs registrar to make sure the player is properly registered.  I am also work as a receptionist during for a while.  I take in all incoming calls, answering general questions, and forwarding calls to the needed departments.  I started working on a large filing project for Jade.  Each year she files all checks that are sent to vendors, employees, and referees.  These files are kept during each fiscal year, the packed up and stored.  I am organizing and packing up all last of years files to be stored.  I ordered more folders and labels to make new files for the next fiscal year.  This weekend I am working the marketing table for the Atlanta Beat game.  The Atlanta Beat is the women's professional soccer team for Atlanta.  They are currently in their third year of affiliation with WPS (Women's Professional Soccer).  The game is on Saturday afternoon in Kennesaw, Georgia.  Throughout the week I will be collected swag that will be given away at the game.

Weekly Hours - 44

Week 2 (4/18 - 4/24)
Saturday one other intern and I worked the Atlanta Beat game.  There was a pretty good crowd, we were responsible for setting up the Georgia Soccer Tent, getting people to sign up on our Facebook page, and letting people know that there is a Georgia Soccer license plate that can be purchased from the DMV.  Most of the kids came in the soccer jerseys.  We had all kinds of stuff for them t-shirts, key chains, soccer beach balls, lunch boxes, and water bottles.  We had Kohl’s and Sports Authority coupons for the parents.  During half time we announced the name of the winner for the raffle.  The winner won a backpack a ball, a jersey, water bottle, some extra coupons, and a soccer magazine.  To get rid of the last of the prized we had left the kids had to juggle the ball a selected number of times.  The event was a lot of fun I think I have three other Beat games that I will be working this season.

In the office I finished the last of the filing project.  All of the previous fiscal year checks were stored in bankers boxes and taken to storage.  This week we received a huge delivery from Score.  Score is the vendor we use for majority of our athletic gear for employees and volunteers.  The shipment was about ten boxes that included pull overs, jackets, rain coats, t-shirts in about 5 different colors.  I had to inventory all of the items and build an excel sheet documenting what we ordered and what was delivered.  After inventorying all of the items that had to folded and put in the storage closet.  The inventory project took me most of the week.  I also compiled prizes for the upcoming Beat game on the 24th.

Weekly Hours – 37

Week 3 (4/25 – 4/30)
This week has been a little slow in the office.  I had some other filing to help update Jade’s records for payment tracking and some invoicing.  I learned how to use the ADG system.  This is the system used to keep track of the license records for referees and coaches.  Each time the take a certification class they have to fill out a form for registration.  These forms have been stored in the office in boxes since 1992.  We are working on going paperless in the office, so in I have to update the information on the registration forms in the system and shred and recycle the actual forms.  Everyone keeps talking about getting ready for State Cup in a few weeks.  We are waiting for the rest of the promotion items to come in so the other intern and I can begin stuffing the coaches bags for the tournaments.  Each coach will get a soccer bag with coupons, drawstring backpacks and bag tags for all of their players.


No comments:

Post a Comment