Sunday, August 21, 2011

Month 4 - Membership & Coaching / Referee Certification

Week 14 (6/27 - 7/3) to Week 19 (8/1 - 8/5)

This week Jade was out of the office so I had to print all of the employee and vendor checks.  I began working with the membership and certification departments.  I am helping Tara get people registered for coaching classes this summer.  Georgia Soccer works with FIFA in hosting classes that are recognized at the state and national level.  The from lowest to highest are G, F, E, National D, National Youth, National C, National B and National A.  Currently I have a National D coaching license but I plan to continue once I get the time.  We track registration for 20 for each G, F, and E class while only one of each national class is offered per summer.  Once registration number are solidified I have to order shipping boxes, back all of the booklets and materials according to our numbers, and track the shipping to make sure they arrived at their locations.  More than 90 percent of the course manuals that were on hand had the old logo and tag line in them.  I had to make sure each book had stickers with updated logos before I could pack and ship them.  The same had to be done with the referee certification classes.  There were about 50 classes that we prepared course information for.  I updated all of the certification information for everyone that passed their coaching courses one we received their reviews.  Packing and shipping for coaching and referees went on through the end of my internship.  This became a part of my daily responsibly in addition to updating Tara on what had been sent and what still needed to be processed. 

In working with membership I had to update information for players that were transferring clubs.  Their transfer forms were faxed to me, and I pass the information to the membership director and make sure everything was dated and filed correctly for future reference.  I also filed all of the referee game reports.  When referees have to give a red card during a game its protocol to file a report explaining what happened during the incident.  Once the claim is process members of the board decided how many games the player or coach will have to miss due to their misconduct.  There is an appeals system, but most who attempt to appeal are not successful.

The membership administrator and I worked on a survey that would be given to all of the club directors.  I was to come up with questions about how Georgia Soccer could better assist them with throughout the year.  Once she was satisfied with the 10 question survey I put it together in Survey Monkey, and it was sent out in an email blast. 
I worked with this these two departments through the end of my internship which ended on August 8th.  On the last of day work Jade and the executive director treated us to lunch and thanked us for all of our work with Georgia Soccer.  This was a very good internship, and the fact that I am passionate about the game of soccer made it even better.  I am grateful to each manager in the office for taking the time to work with me, we shared a lot of laughs while building solid relationships.    

No comments:

Post a Comment