Sunday, August 21, 2011

Month 3 - Tournaments & Events


Week 8 (5/30 - 6/3)

This week we received a large shipment of t-shirts from Publix.  These are shirts that they give Georgia Soccer a part of their partnership.  They come with the Publix logo on the back and we send them to get the Georgia Soccer logo printed on the front.  These are separated for the beat game, some are sold, and the rest are given to volunteers coaches and staff.  I did inventory on all of the shirts and distributed them to be picked up. 

For tournaments department I had to update jersey numbers on official rosters for all of the teams that advanced to the second round of the state cup tournament.  I was also given a large research project by the marketing director.  There is a huge tournament the Georgia Soccer hosts in September call Atlanta Cup.  In an effort to expand marketing for the tournament I compiled a list of all of the soccer clubs in Ohio and New Jersey.  I made a contact for the director that included club name, the name of the director of coaching, an email address, physical address, and phone number.  We had postcards with the tournament date made and I mailed over 200 Atlanta Cup invites.  I also called and invited each of the teams that I found information for.  I was asked to have one of the interns do the same for Tennessee.  Unfortunately, he told me he was sending the posting cards, but when I asked him to send his contact list (a month into the project) to the director he only had about 30 names.  Since he did not do his part I was held responsible because I did not get his post cards in hand.  This was a definite learning experience I took away.  I know not to assume that someone is completing work because I ask about it, I need to see the work that is being done when I follow up with them.

My project research went through Week 13 (6/20 - 6/24) in addition to a few other daily tasks like mail, insurance reports, and updating the ADG system.  I also worked another Beat game and posted questions on our Facebook page for contest winners to win tickets to the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment